Makeup Gourmet Chris Scott Launches makeup artist training Laboratory for students of makeup to obtain highly needed advanced experience and training before entering the professional makeup artist work force.
January 16, 2018 – SAN FRANCISCO – Makeup Gourmet is proud to announce the launch of its new Mug Makeup Artist Lab in San Francisco, providing a highly creative and instructive environment for students of makeup to get the vital know-how necessary to succeed as a makeup artist.
According to Makeup Gourmet founder Chris Scott, “This is the missing link between a training makeup artist and being fully prepared to be highly effective in the makeup artist market”.
“Mastering an art requires continuous exploration and a repetition of skills until all aspects of this art form becomes second nature,” Mr Scott, said. In this new supervised environment, makeup artists have the expertise of #1 Best Seller, FACE WITH A HEART MASTERING AUTHENTIC BEAUTY MAKEUP author Chris Scott as their guide and mentor.
“Once trained every makeup artist says “What next?”. Mug Makeup Artist Lab provides artists the necessary on going real life experience to help guarantee success before they go out on their own,” Scott added.
Makeup Gourmet Studio has a comprehensive list of makeup artist training courses in its curriculum. This edition of The Mug Makeup Artist Lab is the safety net that students are looking for to confirm and grow their expertise. The confidence and advancement of their skill set is all that is needed to forge out and create a name for themselves.
The concept is simple. Practice your art and have a master of that art available to answer and demonstrate every question on the spot.
Mr. Scott believes that repetition is the best practice for being the best. “It is one thing to learn the scales on the piano, it is another thing to play the scales and make it sound like music. There is no substitute for the hours spent when becoming an artist”, Scott says.
The Mug Makeup Artist Lab is open every Monday 10am-6pm. This accommodates both the Beauty School student and hairstylist’s schedule who are often the demographic seeking makeup artist training.
Mr Scott finished with “As a successful Makeup Gourmet student once said in full earnest, ‘Fail to prepare, prepare to fail’.”
MUG Makeup Artist Lab
For the practicing makeup artist.
MUG Makeup Artist Lab is a supervised environment where makeup artists/students work with each other to perfect their makeup skills.
Makeup artists/students looking for a structured practice environment with professional supervision.
Makeup Gourmet Studio
Mondays 9 am–6 pm.
- Practice makes perfect. Students work from their Look Book* to perfect looks to which they aspire.
- Emphasis is placed on advancing technique, broadening makeup vocabulary, artistic expression, originality, and consistency.
- Instructor Chris Scott monitors the Makeup Lab and answers/demonstrates all student questions during each Makeup Lab session.
- Photography of finished makeup is provided for students to build their personal makeup artist book for use in securing future makeup jobs.
- Makeup and brushes are provided.
- 20% pro discount on all products for students to keep.
- 20-hour ticket $400
- 40-hour ticket $700
- This applies to both student and models. **(ie. if you partner with another student, then you are only paying for your own spot in the MUG Makeup Lab. If you bring a model then you must pay hourly for the model’s spot in the MUG Makeup Lab as well which is no more than $20/hr. No minimum hours required for your own model.
- 10% off if taken Jump Start Training, Advanced Training, or Focus Training.
- MUG Makeup Artist Lab Hours: 9 am–6 pm every Monday.
- MUG Makeup Artist Lab is held on Mondays to accommodate the Cosmetology/Esthetician Beauty School student and working hair stylist schedule.
- MUG Makeup Artist Lab is limited to eight makeup artists/students/models total at one time.
- Advanced sign-up is required to reserve your hours at MUG Makeup Lab.
- Hours are logged. There is no required amount of time a makeup artist student may use the MUG Makeup Lab.
- Students are encouraged to use each other as models. Having your makeup done is as instructive as applying makeup for the training makeup artist.
- Students may bring their own models if preferred.
- **Models are not provided except upon request with one week notice. Pricing for models is $20/hr. Minimum 4hrs.
- Students are encouraged to work from their makeup kit for consistency from inside to outside the MUG Makeup Artist Lab.
*Look Book- An aspirational collection of makeup looks compiled by each makeup artist student. Makeup artist students uses these images as a reference to the looks they want to perfect.
4 UNIQUE MAKEUP ARTIST TRAINING SELECTIONS
CLICK EACH TO LEARN MORE AND TO SELECT THE BEST COURSES FOR YOU.
- Payment is due in full in advance.
- Minimum 24 hour notice if going to be absent
- In case of unreported absence notice, payment is non-refundable.
- Rates subject to change
- Tuition is non-refundable
Credit card, check* and cash accepted for payment.
*Checks must be delivered one week before training to allow time for bank approval.
Makeup Gourmet Studio
111 Westmoorland Dr.
San Francisco, CA 94132
Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail. (Thank you Gib Maudey)
16th of January, 2018
Please let me know if this blog was of value to you and share your own Authentic Beauty Makeup tips in the comments box below. I would love to hear how you get on trying this new method of makeup application – tell me how useful you find the tutorials and how you found the results. You can also use the comments box to tell me what interests and concerns you when it comes to which makeup colors to choose. Please let me know so I can fashion future blogs that are relevant and interesting to you.
Want to know more? My new book, Face with a Heart: Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup is available on Amazon now.
Makeup Gourmet Chris Scott’s new series of how-to video tutorials based on his
#1 international best seller Face with a Heart Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup
CHRIS SCOTT, M.A. is the creator of San Francisco-based Makeup Gourmet®. Over his nearly 30-year career, in addition to doing makeup for top models from every corner of the planet, he also had the honor of working for legends like Paul McCartney, US Vice President Al Gore, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Shirley Temple Black, Maya Angelou and Olympic Gold medalists Oksana Baiul and Kristi Yamaguchi. He was the creator and host of the TV show ‘Makeup Gourmet’ from 2008 – 2010. He was a leading Chanel Beauté national artist for over two decades, and is also the creator and guest teacher of Fashion Makeup at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. He created his unique Makeup Gourmet line to ensure his clients and the public could have access to high-quality, ethically produced, ‘green’ makeup and skincare with a low-carbon footprint. Chris is also the author of Cosmetic Counter Survival Guide: How to Buy the Right Skin Care and Makeup and the international #1 bestseller Face with a Heart: Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup.
‘The grass is always greener where you water it.’