MUG Makeup Artist Lab
For the practicing makeup artist.
MUG Makeup Artist Lab is a supervised environment where makeup artists/students work with each other to perfect their makeup skills.
Makeup artists/students looking for a structured practice environment with professional supervision.
Makeup Gourmet Studio
Mondays 10 am–6 pm.
- Practice makes perfect. Students work from their Look Book* to perfect looks to which they aspire.
- Emphasis is placed on advancing technique, broadening makeup vocabulary, artistic expression, originality, and consistency.
- Instructor Chris Scott monitors the Makeup Lab and answers/demonstrates all student questions during each Makeup Lab session.
- Photography of finished makeup is provided for students to build their personal makeup artist book for use in securing future makeup jobs.
- Makeup and brushes are provided.
- 20% pro discount on all products for students to keep.
- MUG Makeup Artist Lab Hours: 9 am–6 pm every Monday.
- MUG Makeup Artist Lab is held on Mondays to accommodate the Cosmetology/Esthetician Beauty School student and working hair stylist schedule.
- MUG Makeup Artist Lab is limited to eight makeup artists/students/models total at one time.
- Advanced sign-up is required to reserve your hours at MUG Makeup Lab.
- Hours are logged. There is no required amount of time a makeup artist student may use the MUG Makeup Lab.
- Students are encouraged to use each other as models. Having your makeup done is as instructive as applying makeup for the training makeup artist.
- Students may bring their own models if preferred.
- Makeup Gourmet does not pair artists. If you wish to pair with another artist, those arrangements are made exclusively by you.
- Models are not provided except upon request with one week notice. Pricing for provided models is $20/hr. Minimum 4hrs.
- Because space is limited, there is a ‘corkage fee’ of $10/hour when bringing your own model.
- Students are encouraged to work from their makeup kit for consistency from inside to outside the MUG Makeup Artist Lab.
Face with a Heart Authentic Beauty Makeup®
4 unique makeup artist training selections
Click each to learn more and to select the best courses for you.
- Payment is due in full in advance.
- Minimum 24 hour notice if going to be absent
- In case of unreported absence notice, payment is non-refundable.
- Rates subject to change
- Tuition is non-refundable
Credit card, check* and cash accepted for payment.
*Checks must be delivered one week before training to allow time for bank approval.
Makeup Gourmet Studio
111 Westmoorland Dr.
San Francisco, CA 94132