The long forgotten part of our facial anatomy re-emerges. With lips once again naked and exposed, and your old lip color having seen better days/years, here is a tried and true method for getting the right lip color.
Let the color pick you.
- Before putting any color on your lips, put colors you are attracted to on your fingertips.
- Next hold your finger over your lips while looking into a mirror.
- You will have an instant visceral response to whether this color likes you or not.
- Hold your colored fingertips over the clothing you are wearing.
- See if they like each other.
- Some colors make other colors look more vibrant, and some just seem off.
- Trust your visceral judgment and go with what makes you smile.
Now we get to see each other smile again.
27th of April, 2022
Chris Scott’s series of Makeup Gourmet how-to video tutorials based on his #1 international best seller
Want to know more?
is available on Amazon now.
CHRIS SCOTT, M.A. is the creator of San Francisco-based Makeup Gourmet®. Over his 30-year career, in addition to doing makeup for top models from every corner of the planet, he also had the honor of working for legends like Paul McCartney, US Vice Presidents Al Gore & Kamala Harris, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Shirley Temple Black, Maya Angelou and Olympic Gold medalists Oksana Baiul and Kristi Yamaguchi. Creator and host of the TV show ‘Makeup Gourmet’ from 2008 – 2010. A leading Chanel Beauté national artist for over two decades. Designed the course and taught Fashion Makeup at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Created his unique Makeup Gourmet line to ensure everyone has access to high-quality, ethically produced, ‘green’ makeup and skincare made in the USA. Chris is the author of the International #1 Amazon Bestseller FACE WITH A HEART: MASTERING AUTHENTIC BEAUTY MAKEUP (2014), the COSMETIC COUNTER SURVIVAL GUIDE: HOW TO BUY THE RIGHT SKINCARE AND MAKEUP (2003), and HOW A MAKEUP ARTIST BECOMES A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS.
‘The grass is always greener where you water it.’