What are facial cleansers and why we want to use them?
In the pursuit of maintaining healthy, young looking skin, it starts with the facial cleanser. We pamper the face with special care so it looks and feels especially good.
A facial cleanser helps keep skin clean by removing dirt, sweat, excess sebum (oils naturally produced by the skin), cosmetics, dead skin cells, bacteria, and any pollutants that come in contact with your skin.
The trick is to cleanse the skin without disturbing the skin’s natural moisture barrier and Ph balance. This requires a cleanser with a more sophisticated formulation to meet this criteria.
As with shampoos, it is often suggested to have 2 facial cleansers to meet the needs of your skin now and to alert it out of its complacent reaction to the use of the same product daily.
Makeup Gourmet offers 2 cleansers.
• Foaming Creme Cleanser: Skin softening and helpful with the breakdown and removal of makeup.
• Renewing Creme Cleanser: Invigorating and contains Glycolic Acid to aid in exfoliation.
Important note: Sulfates, which are used to simulate soap suds, are never used in any Makeup Gourmet Skin Care products.
This daily lightweight liquid-cream cleanser has a perfect blend of Aloe and Green Tea extracts to soften, moisturize and revitalize the skin while gently sweeping away makeup and impurities. Paraben Free | Sulfate Free | Gluten Free. Recommended for: All skin types. Made in USA
- moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy feel, so it`s perfect for anyone with an oily skin complexion.
- Giberellin in aloe vera acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells. It allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring.
- Effectively heals chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema.
- Contains a plethora of antioxidants including, beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and keep the skin hydrated.
Green Tea Extracts
- A strong antioxidant effect that protects the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals.
- Stimulates skin microcirculation and therefore positively influence the tone and health of the skin.
- Topical use helps to promote the health and quantity of collagen, thereby maintaining a firm and elastic skin.
A creamy non-drying cleanser enriched w/ Glycolic and mixed Fruit Acids that gently exfoliates, while Botanical extracts leave skin soft and refreshed. Glycolic Content:3.5%. Paraben free | Sulfate free | Gluten free. Recommended for: All skin types. Made in USA.
Glycolic Acid/Citric Acid
Natural ingredients derived from sugar cane and fruit. Glycolic and Citric Acid safely loosens the outer layer of dead skin cells on the surface your skin, bring fresh new skin to the surface. This is beneficial for those who are looking for ingredients that help with anti-aging. Glycolic and Citric Acid acid can also help lighten discoloration of the skin, such as sun spots and help those with acne-prone and blackhead-prone skin.
Extracts of White Tea
- Protects critical elements of the skin’s immune system.
- Build the skin’s resistance against stresses that cause the skin to age.
Bonus: Visit our Skin Care Value Bundles to save time and money.
Makeup Gourmet’s Face with a Heart Authentic Beauty Makeup® products are developed alongside the Face with a Heart Authentic Beauty Makeup® method of application. They are customized to give you the best results when applying your makeup.
Please let me know if this blog was of value to you and share your own Authentic Beauty Makeup tips in the comments box below. I would love to hear how you get on trying this new method of makeup application – tell me how useful you find the tutorials and how you found the results. You can also use the comments box to tell me what interests and concerns you when it comes to which makeup colors to choose. Please let me know so I can fashion future blogs that are relevant and interesting to you.
Want to know more? My new best selling book, Face with a Heart: Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup is available on Amazon now.
CHRIS SCOTT, M.A. is the creator of San Francisco-based Makeup Gourmet®. Over his nearly 30-year career, in addition to doing makeup for top models from every corner of the planet, he also had the honor of working for legends like Paul McCartney, US Vice President Al Gore, Shirley Temple Black, Maya Angelou and Olympic Gold medalists Oksana Baiul and Kristi Yamaguchi. He was the creator and host of the TV show ‘Makeup Gourmet’ from 2008 – 2010. He was a leading Chanel Beauté national artist for over two decades, and is also the creator and guest teacher of Fashion Makeup at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. He created his unique Makeup Gourmet line to ensure his clients and the public could have access to high-quality, ethically produced, ‘green’ makeup and skincare with a low-carbon footprint. Chris is also the author of Cosmetic Counter Survival Guide: How to Buy the Right Skin Care and Makeup and the international #1 bestseller Face with a Heart: Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup.
‘The grass is always greener where you water it.’