Makeup Gourmet Chris Scott’s new series of how-to video tutorials based on his
#1 international best seller Face with a Heart Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup
To maximize shape, volume, depth, and color of the eye. Eye shadow has an infinite level of possibilities, so it is best to understand the principles of eye shadow which will help create the most authentic shape of any eye. Eye shadow is the best way to maximize the shape of your eyelid.
Principles of eye shadow:
• Lighter shades bring shape forward
• Darker shades sink shapes deeper back (recede)
• Shimmer reflects light and pulls focus to it and may bring shape forward
• Matte absorbs light and diminishes reflection and may sink shape deeper back.
There are three basic parts of an eyelid that separate and define the shape of the eye.
• Ball: The ball of the eye is the skin that has the eyeball immediately underneath it when the eyes are closed.
• Bone: The bone is any part under the eyebrow that has bone underneath it.
• Crease: The crease, and this is important, is the area under the curvature of the brow bone where it meets the ball of the eye. It is a sunken groove that is highly rounded as the eye sockets are highly rounded.
Think of this crease as a groove or track where your contour brush is designed to slip into and follow the natural curvature of the eye socket where it meets the eyeball. When applying eye shadow (and most color for that matter) always add and buildup to the desired effect. Try to avoid getting too much of anything on the face and having to rub it down or off. That is the essence of makeup gone wrong. As long as the intensity is always building up away from the face, the makeup appears connected to the person wearing it and gives the greatest control when applying any look.
Follow your eyes anatomy and eye shadow will always look perfect!
Get what you need by clicking on the products below.
- Custom 5-Pack Eye Shadow Set
- Felt Tip Eyeliner Pen
- Disposable Mascara Wands
- Eye Shadows
- Gel Eye Liner Waterproof
- Eye Contour Crease Brush
- Eye Brow/Angled Liner Color Brush
- Corrector/Concealer Brush
- Eye Liner Brush: Mini Detail
- Deposit Eye Shadow Brush
- Bullet Brush
- Face with a Heart: Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup – Paperback
- Quick Dry Brush Cleaner: 3 sizes
Makeup Gourmet’s products are developed alongside the Face with a Heart Authentic Beauty Makeup® method of application. They are customized to give you the best results when applying your makeup.
Please let me know if this blog was of value to you and share your own Authentic Beauty Makeup tips in the comments box below. I would love to hear how you get on trying this new method of makeup application – tell me how useful you find the tutorials and how you found the results. You can also use the comments box to tell me what interests and concerns you when it comes to which makeup colors to choose. Please let me know so I can fashion future blogs that are relevant and interesting to you.
Want to know more? My new book, Face with a Heart: Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup is available on Amazon now.
31st of July, 2017
CHRIS SCOTT, M.A. is the creator of San Francisco-based Makeup Gourmet®. Over his nearly 30-year career, in addition to doing makeup for top models from every corner of the planet, he also had the honor of working for legends like Paul McCartney, US Vice President Al Gore, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Shirley Temple Black, Maya Angelou and Olympic Gold medalists Oksana Baiul and Kristi Yamaguchi. He was the creator and host of the TV show ‘Makeup Gourmet’ from 2008 – 2010. He was a leading Chanel Beauté national artist for over two decades, and is also the creator and guest teacher of Fashion Makeup at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. He created his unique Makeup Gourmet line to ensure his clients and the public could have access to high-quality, ethically produced, ‘green’ makeup and skincare with a low-carbon footprint. Chris is also the author of Cosmetic Counter Survival Guide: How to Buy the Right Skin Care and Makeup and the international #1 bestseller Face with a Heart: Mastering Authentic Beauty Makeup.
‘The grass is always greener where you water it.’