It has been 18 months since our first stay-in-place mandate for the Bay Area and most of the country. Now, a year and a half later, we find ourselves inching back to a more public lifestyle.
Here is a checklist to see how your makeup has fared during this time.
- Smell Your Makeup Before Using
- Wet products tend to spoil faster than dry products. If there is any ‘off’ odor, discard it.
- Rub a small amount of dry products between your fingers. If the product ‘balls up’ at all, discard it.
- Shampoo All Your Makeup Brushes
- I use a ‘shampoo & conditioner in one’ formula of shampoo.
- Fill sink with warm water and mix in a capful of shampoo.
- Immerse the brush end of the brush into the soapy water and vigorously swish brush in water to clean the hairs.
- Empty sink and refill with clean water. Swish brushes in clean water to remove all shampoo residue.
- Squeeze out water and reshape brush with your hands.
- Allow brushes to lay overnight along the edge of a countertop with hair end of brushes extending past edge of countertop.
- Assess Your Current Wardrobe And Jewelry Colors.
- Makeup is an accessory to your wardrobe, facial features, and lifestyle.
- Use your assessment to guide you when selecting new makeup.
Refresh your makeup and look as we re-emerge from the Covid pause.
Zoom appointments or in-person on request. 1 hour.
Proof of vaccination a must for in-person services.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Makeup Reboot includes:
- Complete assessment of your current makeup.
- Complete assessment of your wardrobe, facial features, and lifestyle as it pertains to makeup.
- Application tips and shortcuts.
- 15% off all desired products.
- One hour session $50.
- Click here to reserve your reboot.
|Stay safe. Stay well. Stay vaccinated.|
9th of September, 2021
Chris Scott’s series of Makeup Gourmet how-to video tutorials based on his #1 international best seller
Want to know more?
is available on Amazon now.
CHRIS SCOTT, M.A. is the creator of San Francisco-based Makeup Gourmet®. Over his 30-year career, in addition to doing makeup for top models from every corner of the planet, he also had the honor of working for legends like Paul McCartney, US Vice President Al Gore, US Vice President Kamala Harris, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Shirley Temple Black, Maya Angelou and Olympic Gold medalists Oksana Baiul and Kristi Yamaguchi. He was the creator and host of the TV show ‘Makeup Gourmet’ from 2008 – 2010. He was a leading Chanel Beauté national artist for over two decades. He designed the course and taught Fashion Makeup at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. He created his unique Makeup Gourmet line to ensure everyone has access to high-quality, ethically produced, ‘green’ makeup and skincare made in the USA. Chris is the author of the International #1 Amazon Bestseller FACE WITH A HEART: MASTERING AUTHENTIC BEAUTY MAKEUP (2014), the COSMETIC COUNTER SURVIVAL GUIDE: HOW TO BUY THE RIGHT SKINCARE AND MAKEUP (2003) and released February 2019, HOW A MAKEUP ARTIST BECOMES A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS.
‘The grass is always greener where you water it.’